NRI arrested for ASI`s murder sent to police remand
Phagwara (Punjab): UK-based NRI Tavinder Singh alias Tally, who was arrested in connection with the murder of Punjab Police ASI Gurdev Singh, was on Saturday remanded to a six-day police remand by a court here.
He was arrested along with one other accused Pushpinder Singh alias Noni Lahoria on April 3 and the next day, the court had directed the police to produce him before it.
While Pushpinder was produced the next day, Tally, who sustained injuries while trying to evade arrest, could not be produced before the court as he was under medical observation, police said.
The NRI, one of the four main accused in the case, was arrested by Phagwara police from Jahangir Mallian village on Kapurthala-Nakodar road.
Two other accused in the case -- Palwinder Singh alias Pinda and Rajinder Singh alias Mintu -- are still at large.
Gurdev Singh (50) was on traffic patrol duty when he confronted a person who was allegedly taking drugs inside a hotel and was shot dead while chasing him on March 31.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview