NRI arrested for ASI`s murder sent to police remand
Phagwara (Punjab): UK-based NRI Tavinder Singh alias Tally, who was arrested in connection with the murder of Punjab Police ASI Gurdev Singh, was on Saturday remanded to a six-day police remand by a court here.
He was arrested along with one other accused Pushpinder Singh alias Noni Lahoria on April 3 and the next day, the court had directed the police to produce him before it.
While Pushpinder was produced the next day, Tally, who sustained injuries while trying to evade arrest, could not be produced before the court as he was under medical observation, police said.
The NRI, one of the four main accused in the case, was arrested by Phagwara police from Jahangir Mallian village on Kapurthala-Nakodar road.
Two other accused in the case -- Palwinder Singh alias Pinda and Rajinder Singh alias Mintu -- are still at large.
Gurdev Singh (50) was on traffic patrol duty when he confronted a person who was allegedly taking drugs inside a hotel and was shot dead while chasing him on March 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda