NRI arrested for ASI`s murder sent to police remand
Phagwara (Punjab): UK-based NRI Tavinder Singh alias Tally, who was arrested in connection with the murder of Punjab Police ASI Gurdev Singh, was on Saturday remanded to a six-day police remand by a court here.
He was arrested along with one other accused Pushpinder Singh alias Noni Lahoria on April 3 and the next day, the court had directed the police to produce him before it.
While Pushpinder was produced the next day, Tally, who sustained injuries while trying to evade arrest, could not be produced before the court as he was under medical observation, police said.
The NRI, one of the four main accused in the case, was arrested by Phagwara police from Jahangir Mallian village on Kapurthala-Nakodar road.
Two other accused in the case -- Palwinder Singh alias Pinda and Rajinder Singh alias Mintu -- are still at large.
Gurdev Singh (50) was on traffic patrol duty when he confronted a person who was allegedly taking drugs inside a hotel and was shot dead while chasing him on March 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31