Nurse suspended after death of infant in govt hospital
Jalandhar: The Punjab government on Friday suspended a nurse of a government hospital here in connection with the death of an infant, who was allegedly taken off life support after her father failed to pay a paltry fee of Rs 200.
"Harjeet Kaur Oberoy was placed under suspension with immediate effect after she was found to direct another nurse to force the victim`s father to deposit the money," Director, Health Services, Karanjit Singh said.
The nurse, who was deputed at another ward, came to emergency ward and forced her counterpart to demand the money from Sanjeev Kumar, said Singh, who headed the high-level enquiry committee set up on Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal`s order.
Further investigations into the case are on, Singh said, adding that the committee would recommend for criminal negligence case against those found guilty.
To a question, he said that under the NRHM scheme, a government hospital cannot ask for any delivery charges from a patient.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie