Old war horses replaced in Phagwara constituency
Phagwara: Phagwara (Reserved) Assembly
constituency will see an electoral battle among new faces as
three of the four candidates will be testing their luck for
the first time in the January 30 polls.
All the major parties have replaced their old war horses
with new faces in the constituency.
The Congress party has replaced its three-time winner and
former Punjab minister Joginder Singh Mann with Balbir Raja
Sodhi, a former Chairman of Phagwara Improvement Trust.
Sitting BJP MLA and former minister Swarna Ram has been
replaced by bureaucrat-turned-politician Som Parkash, who had
lost the last Lok Sabha election from Hoshiarpur with a narrow
Similarly, BSP has also replaced its traditional contestant
Master Harbhajan Singh Balalon with a new face Jarnail Nangal,
a young contestant.
PPP-led Sanjha Morcha has fielded Mulkh Raj, a retired Naib
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday