Old war horses replaced in Phagwara constituency
Phagwara: Phagwara (Reserved) Assembly
constituency will see an electoral battle among new faces as
three of the four candidates will be testing their luck for
the first time in the January 30 polls.
All the major parties have replaced their old war horses
with new faces in the constituency.
The Congress party has replaced its three-time winner and
former Punjab minister Joginder Singh Mann with Balbir Raja
Sodhi, a former Chairman of Phagwara Improvement Trust.
Sitting BJP MLA and former minister Swarna Ram has been
replaced by bureaucrat-turned-politician Som Parkash, who had
lost the last Lok Sabha election from Hoshiarpur with a narrow
Similarly, BSP has also replaced its traditional contestant
Master Harbhajan Singh Balalon with a new face Jarnail Nangal,
a young contestant.
PPP-led Sanjha Morcha has fielded Mulkh Raj, a retired Naib
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter