`Open Fazilka, Ferozepur borders for trade with Pak`
Jalalabad: The Punjab government
on Wednesday made a fresh appeal to the Centre to open Fazilka and
Ferozepur borders with Pakistan to boost bilateral trade
between the two nations.
"I would personally raise this issue (opening of Fazilka
and Ferozepur borders) with Union Home Minister P Chidambaram
on April 13 during the inaugural ceremony of Integrated Check
Post at Attari-Wagah border in Amritsar," Deputy Chief
Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal told reporters here.
He said once thriving business towns, these cities have
suffered a lot with the closure of trade routes and industry
also has shunned the area, being a border region.
He said the integrated check post if fully utilised would
change the economic profile of the landlocked border state.
He said it was imperative to make Attari-Wagah, a gateway
to trade with Afghanistan and other central Asian countries.
Demanding a liberalised visa regime for Indian and
Pakistani traders, Badal said to get optimum benefit of
integrated check post, central government must strive for
making suitable changes in visa rules especially for traders
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia