`Open Fazilka, Ferozepur borders for trade with Pak`
Jalalabad: The Punjab government
on Wednesday made a fresh appeal to the Centre to open Fazilka and
Ferozepur borders with Pakistan to boost bilateral trade
between the two nations.
"I would personally raise this issue (opening of Fazilka
and Ferozepur borders) with Union Home Minister P Chidambaram
on April 13 during the inaugural ceremony of Integrated Check
Post at Attari-Wagah border in Amritsar," Deputy Chief
Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal told reporters here.
He said once thriving business towns, these cities have
suffered a lot with the closure of trade routes and industry
also has shunned the area, being a border region.
He said the integrated check post if fully utilised would
change the economic profile of the landlocked border state.
He said it was imperative to make Attari-Wagah, a gateway
to trade with Afghanistan and other central Asian countries.
Demanding a liberalised visa regime for Indian and
Pakistani traders, Badal said to get optimum benefit of
integrated check post, central government must strive for
making suitable changes in visa rules especially for traders
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof