Over 281 kg heroin seized along Punjab border this yr
Jalandhar: Heroin smuggling along the international border in Punjab has been on the rise with over 281 kg of the contraband seized from the state`s border belt adjoining Pakistan this year.
At an average, 25.5 kg heroin was seized every month from the Punjab Frontier by Border Security Force troopers this year, BSF Punjab frontier IG Ajay Kumar Tomar said.
"About 281.05 kg heroin worth Rs 1,405 crore in the international market was seized this year. Last year, over 278 kg of the contraband had been seized by BSF," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next