Over Rs 1 crore cash recovered from three bank lockers of Fiza
Chandigarh: Over Rs one crore in cash and jewellery worth Rs 37 lakh were recovered from three different bank lockers of Fiza aka Anuradha Bali whose highly decomposed body was found from her Mohali residence last month.
Police searched three different bank lockers of Fiza - one each at Punjab and Sind Bank at Sector 47, State Bank of Patiala at the High Court and PNB at Sector 17.
Cash amounting to Rs 1.49 crore were recovered from the bank lockers besides diamond jewellery worth Rs 22 lakh and gold jewellery worth Rs 15 lakh, they said.
Police said Fiza had last opened her lockers on December 13 and 14 in 2011.
On August 6, police had recovered Fiza`s decomposed body at her Mohali residence. Sleuths had then also recovered Rs 92 lakh in cash from her residence.
Police said it would take opinion from the court on what should be done with the money recovered from Fiza`s lockers.
Anuradha, a former assistant advocate general of Haryana, hogged limelight after her marriage with the then Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Chandermohan, elder son of late Haryana Chief Minister Bhajan Lal.
They had converted in Islam after their marriage, with Anuradha becoming Fiza and Chandermohan becoming Chand. Chand, however, divorced her within months after the marriage and returned back to his first wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar