Pak national dies in Lahore-Delhi bus
Fatehgarh Sahib: A Pakistan national, who was travelling in the `Sada-e-Sarhad` (Lahore- Delhi bus) Friday died of cardiac arrest inside the vehicle near Mandi Gobindgarh town in Fatehgarh Sahib district.
The bus was on its way from Lahore to Delhi and when it approached Mandi Gobindgarh, a passenger Ali Mardan, belonging to Jakbabad in Pakistan started feeling unwell.
When the bus stopped at a restaurant at Sirhind for passengers to have lunch, a doctor from Civil Hospital, Mandi Gobindgarh examined the 42-year-old person and declared him dead.
The body was taken to Civil Hospital, Fatehgarh Sahib.
According to police Ali Mardan along with his close relatives was to visit Apollo Hospital in Delhi for liver transplantation.
After some time the bus left for its destination.
When contacted Fatehgarh Sahib Deputy Commissioner Yashvir Mahajan said the body has been kept at the mortuary of the civil hospital. The body will be sent back under police security after completing all procedures.
He said the relatives of the deceased do not want that his postmortem should be conducted and have sent a written request to Fatehgarh Sahib SDM in this regard.
He said the information of death of the passenger has been passed to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?