Pak national dies in Lahore-Delhi bus
Fatehgarh Sahib: A Pakistan national, who was travelling in the `Sada-e-Sarhad` (Lahore- Delhi bus) Friday died of cardiac arrest inside the vehicle near Mandi Gobindgarh town in Fatehgarh Sahib district.
The bus was on its way from Lahore to Delhi and when it approached Mandi Gobindgarh, a passenger Ali Mardan, belonging to Jakbabad in Pakistan started feeling unwell.
When the bus stopped at a restaurant at Sirhind for passengers to have lunch, a doctor from Civil Hospital, Mandi Gobindgarh examined the 42-year-old person and declared him dead.
The body was taken to Civil Hospital, Fatehgarh Sahib.
According to police Ali Mardan along with his close relatives was to visit Apollo Hospital in Delhi for liver transplantation.
After some time the bus left for its destination.
When contacted Fatehgarh Sahib Deputy Commissioner Yashvir Mahajan said the body has been kept at the mortuary of the civil hospital. The body will be sent back under police security after completing all procedures.
He said the relatives of the deceased do not want that his postmortem should be conducted and have sent a written request to Fatehgarh Sahib SDM in this regard.
He said the information of death of the passenger has been passed to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Motihari gang-rape: Doctors in Bihar continue to use two-finger test, says NCW report
- New method that can kill cancer cells in 2 hours developed!
- UEFA Euro 2016, quarterfinal: Poland vs Portugal - Preview
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet all set to clear final recommendations on salary hike today
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' sans songs? Details inside