Pakistani prisoner`s body repatriated
Attari: The body of a Pakistani national, who allegedly committed suicide in a Jammu jail, was on Monday repatriated via the Wagah border crossing.
Showkat Ali, 42, who hailed from Sialkot in Pakistan, was found hanging from an iron grill inside his barrack in the Ambphalla district jail by authorities on February 21, police said.
He had been lodged in the jail after being booked by Arnia police for illegally crossing over to India for the second time on December 12, 2011.
Ali was first apprehended in 2008 for crossing over and confined in the Ambphalla district jail till his deportation in 2010.
His body was on Monday handed over to Pakistani authorities at Joint Check Post of Attari/Wagah border here.
Jammu District Magistrate Ajit K Sahu has already ordered a magisterial probe into Ali`s death. A case has been registered and autopsy carried out before repatriation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!