Panchayat polls triumph of grass-root democracy: Badal
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday described panchayat polls in the state as a "powerful triumph of grass-root democracy in the state", and thanked people for reposing complete faith and confidence in policies and programs of SAD-BJP government.
"I am touched by the overwhelming mandate they have given the alliance again," he said.
In a statement, Badal also felicitated all workers, leaders, office bearers of the SAD-BJP combine for ensuring a victory for the ruling alliance.
"This was the outcome of people`s unflinching faith in policies and programs of the alliance government," the Chief Minister said.
Meanwhile, Badal appealed to the newly elected sarpanchs and panchs to work collectively with sincerity and commitment for ensuring overall development of villages and prosperity of people.
Badal also asked panchayats to fulfil people`s aspirations and expectations, respecting the mandate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'