Panchayat polls triumph of grass-root democracy: Badal
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday described panchayat polls in the state as a "powerful triumph of grass-root democracy in the state", and thanked people for reposing complete faith and confidence in policies and programs of SAD-BJP government.
"I am touched by the overwhelming mandate they have given the alliance again," he said.
In a statement, Badal also felicitated all workers, leaders, office bearers of the SAD-BJP combine for ensuring a victory for the ruling alliance.
"This was the outcome of people`s unflinching faith in policies and programs of the alliance government," the Chief Minister said.
Meanwhile, Badal appealed to the newly elected sarpanchs and panchs to work collectively with sincerity and commitment for ensuring overall development of villages and prosperity of people.
Badal also asked panchayats to fulfil people`s aspirations and expectations, respecting the mandate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Massive relief for Central government employees; 7th Pay Commission notification issued
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire