Panchayat polls triumph of grass-root democracy: Badal
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday described panchayat polls in the state as a "powerful triumph of grass-root democracy in the state", and thanked people for reposing complete faith and confidence in policies and programs of SAD-BJP government.
"I am touched by the overwhelming mandate they have given the alliance again," he said.
In a statement, Badal also felicitated all workers, leaders, office bearers of the SAD-BJP combine for ensuring a victory for the ruling alliance.
"This was the outcome of people`s unflinching faith in policies and programs of the alliance government," the Chief Minister said.
Meanwhile, Badal appealed to the newly elected sarpanchs and panchs to work collectively with sincerity and commitment for ensuring overall development of villages and prosperity of people.
Badal also asked panchayats to fulfil people`s aspirations and expectations, respecting the mandate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan