Panchayat polls triumph of grass-root democracy: Badal
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday described panchayat polls in the state as a "powerful triumph of grass-root democracy in the state", and thanked people for reposing complete faith and confidence in policies and programs of SAD-BJP government.
"I am touched by the overwhelming mandate they have given the alliance again," he said.
In a statement, Badal also felicitated all workers, leaders, office bearers of the SAD-BJP combine for ensuring a victory for the ruling alliance.
"This was the outcome of people`s unflinching faith in policies and programs of the alliance government," the Chief Minister said.
Meanwhile, Badal appealed to the newly elected sarpanchs and panchs to work collectively with sincerity and commitment for ensuring overall development of villages and prosperity of people.
Badal also asked panchayats to fulfil people`s aspirations and expectations, respecting the mandate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured