Panjab varsity offers Manmohan Singh Chair to Amartya Sen
Chandigarh: Panjab University has decided to
offer the prestigious Manmohan Singh Chair to Nobel Laureate
economist Amartya Sen and the Mulk Raj Anand Chair to
political commentator Aijaz Ahmed.
A decision to this effect was taken at a meeting of the
University`s Syndicate here, according to a PU release here
The two will be invited to deliver guest lectures.
The authorities have created the Manmohan Singh Chair to
honour the Prime Minister who is the alumnus and teacher of
The Manmohan Singh Chair was created in the economics
department last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'