Panjab varsity offers Manmohan Singh Chair to Amartya Sen
Chandigarh: Panjab University has decided to
offer the prestigious Manmohan Singh Chair to Nobel Laureate
economist Amartya Sen and the Mulk Raj Anand Chair to
political commentator Aijaz Ahmed.
A decision to this effect was taken at a meeting of the
University`s Syndicate here, according to a PU release here
The two will be invited to deliver guest lectures.
The authorities have created the Manmohan Singh Chair to
honour the Prime Minister who is the alumnus and teacher of
The Manmohan Singh Chair was created in the economics
department last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir