Panjab varsity offers Manmohan Singh Chair to Amartya Sen
Chandigarh: Panjab University has decided to
offer the prestigious Manmohan Singh Chair to Nobel Laureate
economist Amartya Sen and the Mulk Raj Anand Chair to
political commentator Aijaz Ahmed.
A decision to this effect was taken at a meeting of the
University`s Syndicate here, according to a PU release here
The two will be invited to deliver guest lectures.
The authorities have created the Manmohan Singh Chair to
honour the Prime Minister who is the alumnus and teacher of
The Manmohan Singh Chair was created in the economics
department last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi