Panun Kashmir for disbanding interlocutors` panel
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Thursday demanded
immediate disbanding of the interlocutors` panel on Jammu and
Kashmir, alleging that their functioning was "shoddy, murky and
"We call upon Government of India to immediately disband
and cancel the appointment of interlocutors who have only
contributed towards keeping the separatist pot boiling in
the Jammu and Kashmir," Panun Kashmir chairman Ajay Chrungoo
said in a statement.
PK condemns the shoddy, murky and suspicious functioning
of the interlocutors, he said.
"By the contents of the (reported) resignation (by
interlocutor Radha Kumar) itself it is amply clear that the
most sensitive task of negotiations on Jammu and Kashmir has
been handed over to persons who have not abandoned their role
as lobbyists which they have been performing for decades at
the behest of one quarter or the other," Chrungoo alleged.
Kumar had attended a European Parliament conference on
Kashmir which was organised by the Tramboo Centre in 2006 in
Brussels. The Centre is run by Abdul Majeed Tramboo, a
barrister from the Valley, who is said to be under the scanner
for his association with the Pakistani establishment, ISI and
Ghulam Nabi Fai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read