Panun Kashmir for disbanding interlocutors` panel
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Thursday demanded
immediate disbanding of the interlocutors` panel on Jammu and
Kashmir, alleging that their functioning was "shoddy, murky and
"We call upon Government of India to immediately disband
and cancel the appointment of interlocutors who have only
contributed towards keeping the separatist pot boiling in
the Jammu and Kashmir," Panun Kashmir chairman Ajay Chrungoo
said in a statement.
PK condemns the shoddy, murky and suspicious functioning
of the interlocutors, he said.
"By the contents of the (reported) resignation (by
interlocutor Radha Kumar) itself it is amply clear that the
most sensitive task of negotiations on Jammu and Kashmir has
been handed over to persons who have not abandoned their role
as lobbyists which they have been performing for decades at
the behest of one quarter or the other," Chrungoo alleged.
Kumar had attended a European Parliament conference on
Kashmir which was organised by the Tramboo Centre in 2006 in
Brussels. The Centre is run by Abdul Majeed Tramboo, a
barrister from the Valley, who is said to be under the scanner
for his association with the Pakistani establishment, ISI and
Ghulam Nabi Fai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Five youth killed as car overturns on Pune-Mumbai Expressway
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann writes to LS Speaker, seeks probe against PM Modi for jeopardising national security
- Boyfriend material! Five signs that prove he is the ideal one for you
- WWE Monday Night Raw results (July 25, 2016): Finn Balor earns shot at WWE Universal Title
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September