Panun Kashmir for disbanding interlocutors` panel
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Thursday demanded
immediate disbanding of the interlocutors` panel on Jammu and
Kashmir, alleging that their functioning was "shoddy, murky and
"We call upon Government of India to immediately disband
and cancel the appointment of interlocutors who have only
contributed towards keeping the separatist pot boiling in
the Jammu and Kashmir," Panun Kashmir chairman Ajay Chrungoo
said in a statement.
PK condemns the shoddy, murky and suspicious functioning
of the interlocutors, he said.
"By the contents of the (reported) resignation (by
interlocutor Radha Kumar) itself it is amply clear that the
most sensitive task of negotiations on Jammu and Kashmir has
been handed over to persons who have not abandoned their role
as lobbyists which they have been performing for decades at
the behest of one quarter or the other," Chrungoo alleged.
Kumar had attended a European Parliament conference on
Kashmir which was organised by the Tramboo Centre in 2006 in
Brussels. The Centre is run by Abdul Majeed Tramboo, a
barrister from the Valley, who is said to be under the scanner
for his association with the Pakistani establishment, ISI and
Ghulam Nabi Fai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!