Parkash Singh Badal appeals BJP, INLD to join hands
Kurukshetra: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Friday appealed BJP and Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) to "shed their reservations" and join hands to trounce the Congress in the upcoming Haryana polls.
Badal, while addressing a rally here organised by INLD to mark 100th birth anniversary of party founder Chaudhary Devi Lal, said that Congress will face massive defeat as it had met with after emergency.
The veteran Akali leader said that BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi should be given a chance to hoist national flag at Red Fort. "Then you will see big change in the country for betterment," he asserted.
BJP, which has an alliance with Kuldeep Bishnoi-led Haryana Janhit Congress-BL (HJC-BL), was represented at the rally by party vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
Giving a call to shed reservations in a bid to trounce the Congress, Badal asked BJP vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and INLD leader Abhey Singh Chautala to join hands again.
"Do not keep reservations...I will ask Chautala and Naqvi to move forward...Rao (Inderjit Singh) Sahib you also give support...All should come together do not hesitate," he said.
Congress MP Rao Inderjit Singh, who has been speaking against his party, was also present at the rally.
"Congress-led UPA government is responsible for rising prices of essential commodities, corruption and growing unemployment in the country...We should root out Congress in the next elections," Badal said at the rally.
The Punjab chief minister also accused the Congress-led government of failing to provide security at internal as well as external level.
"There is no security at all in the country...Be it at internal or external level. China shows us aggression and sometimes Pakistan kills our soldiers inside our own territory. At internal level, you saw what happened in Patna," he said.
Claiming that the public in Haryana had sympathy with the INLD and family of Chautalas, Badal said that Congress will face massive defeat as it had faced after emergency.
The veteran Akali leader also said there was a widespread anger among people of Haryana, as the "Haryana government and CBI had allegedly conspired to put INLD leader Om Parkash Chautala and his son Ajay Chautala in jail".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter