Parkash Singh Badal condemns clash at Golden Temple
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today strongly condemned a clash between two groups inside the Golden Temple premises in Amritsar, saying nobody would be allowed to disturb hard earned atmosphere of peace and harmony in the state.
"Incidents that happened today at Amritsar on the occasion of 30th anniversary of operation Bluestar, had deeply pained him and members of the Sikh community throughout the world," a statement issued here quoting the Chief Minister said.
Nothing should be done which dents the image of the great, patriotic and peaceful Sikh community, he said. Badal said anybody found guilty of trying to disturb the peace of the state would be dealt with firmly and nobody would be allowed to take law in his own hands.
Meanwhile, an official spokesman said here that the law enforcing agencies have been directed to deal firmly with those responsible for today`s incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley