Parkash Singh Badal was equally responsible for Opeartion Bluestar: Amarinder
Chandigarh: Upping the ante against Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, former CM Amarinder Singh on Tuesday asked the incumbent to clarify whether he had met a senior central minister in New Delhi before going into the "hiding" ahead of Operation Bluestar.
Singh said the people wanted to know about it since "this is crucial to Badal`s role and stand on the operation, particularly after he went into hiding leading to a lot of suspicion about his voluntary disappearance".
The former CM, who was involved in negotiations before the operation, held Badal "equally responsible" for it and said "he (Badal) was one of the main reasons for leading to such a situation.
Refuting Badal`s claim that he was put behind bars by the then Congress government, he said Badal was a free man before, during and after the operation and deliberately went into hiding "for reasons best known to him".
The Congress leader accused Badal of trying to make political capital out of this situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!