Parkash Singh Badal was equally responsible for Opeartion Bluestar: Amarinder
Chandigarh: Upping the ante against Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, former CM Amarinder Singh on Tuesday asked the incumbent to clarify whether he had met a senior central minister in New Delhi before going into the "hiding" ahead of Operation Bluestar.
Singh said the people wanted to know about it since "this is crucial to Badal`s role and stand on the operation, particularly after he went into hiding leading to a lot of suspicion about his voluntary disappearance".
The former CM, who was involved in negotiations before the operation, held Badal "equally responsible" for it and said "he (Badal) was one of the main reasons for leading to such a situation.
Refuting Badal`s claim that he was put behind bars by the then Congress government, he said Badal was a free man before, during and after the operation and deliberately went into hiding "for reasons best known to him".
The Congress leader accused Badal of trying to make political capital out of this situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- East India's first cadaver liver transplant in Kolkata
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film