Parkash Singh Badal was equally responsible for Opeartion Bluestar: Amarinder
Chandigarh: Upping the ante against Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, former CM Amarinder Singh on Tuesday asked the incumbent to clarify whether he had met a senior central minister in New Delhi before going into the "hiding" ahead of Operation Bluestar.
Singh said the people wanted to know about it since "this is crucial to Badal`s role and stand on the operation, particularly after he went into hiding leading to a lot of suspicion about his voluntary disappearance".
The former CM, who was involved in negotiations before the operation, held Badal "equally responsible" for it and said "he (Badal) was one of the main reasons for leading to such a situation.
Refuting Badal`s claim that he was put behind bars by the then Congress government, he said Badal was a free man before, during and after the operation and deliberately went into hiding "for reasons best known to him".
The Congress leader accused Badal of trying to make political capital out of this situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP