Pass `Jan Lokpal Bill` in next Parliament session: Manpreet
Chandigarh: Former Punjab finance minister
Manpreet Singh Badal on Thursday commended social activist Anna
Hazare`s action and said that it will start a much needed
cleansing process in administrative set ups.
People`s Party fully endorses the need for a stronger Lok
Pal Bill, Manpreet said adding that "I do not understand
government`s hitch in adapting the Jan Lokpal Bill."
"As an expression of solidarity with Anna Hazare`s
protest, the People`s Party of Punjab shall be presenting
memorandums to all the Deputy Commissioners in Punjab
tomorrow," Manpreet said here.
The PPP feels that Lokpal should not only be allowed to
take complaints from public, but he/she should have the power
to take suo motto notice and to register FIRs.
On Hazare`s protest, he disapproved the manner in which
certain politicians sought to take political mileage.
"They were rightfully jeered. The fact, that some of them
thought that they could score some political points indicates
their corrupt mindsets. Also, considering that some of them
are facing corruption charges, their attempts to foster
association with this campaign reeks of hypocrisy," he said.
"We appeal that the draft of the Jan Lokpal be presented
in the next session of Parliament. Similar Lokpal offices with
similar powers should be created at state level too," he said.
Meanwhile, activists of about two dozen Non Government
Organisations (NGOs) in Phagwara, while supporting social
activist Anna Hazare, today declared that their 51 members
will sit on fast tomorrow in front of local Bus Stand
along National Highway 1.
This was disclosed by an NGO worker TD Chawla here
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!