Pass `Jan Lokpal Bill` in next Parliament session: Manpreet
Chandigarh: Former Punjab finance minister
Manpreet Singh Badal on Thursday commended social activist Anna
Hazare`s action and said that it will start a much needed
cleansing process in administrative set ups.
People`s Party fully endorses the need for a stronger Lok
Pal Bill, Manpreet said adding that "I do not understand
government`s hitch in adapting the Jan Lokpal Bill."
"As an expression of solidarity with Anna Hazare`s
protest, the People`s Party of Punjab shall be presenting
memorandums to all the Deputy Commissioners in Punjab
tomorrow," Manpreet said here.
The PPP feels that Lokpal should not only be allowed to
take complaints from public, but he/she should have the power
to take suo motto notice and to register FIRs.
On Hazare`s protest, he disapproved the manner in which
certain politicians sought to take political mileage.
"They were rightfully jeered. The fact, that some of them
thought that they could score some political points indicates
their corrupt mindsets. Also, considering that some of them
are facing corruption charges, their attempts to foster
association with this campaign reeks of hypocrisy," he said.
"We appeal that the draft of the Jan Lokpal be presented
in the next session of Parliament. Similar Lokpal offices with
similar powers should be created at state level too," he said.
Meanwhile, activists of about two dozen Non Government
Organisations (NGOs) in Phagwara, while supporting social
activist Anna Hazare, today declared that their 51 members
will sit on fast tomorrow in front of local Bus Stand
along National Highway 1.
This was disclosed by an NGO worker TD Chawla here
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- My parents are extremely supportive: Kaveri
- French giants, Paris Saint-Germain announce the appointment of Unai Emery as new coach
- India gets top rating for prudent financial market norms
- RBI to remain open to facilitate transactions on July 1
- Rain plays havoc in Mumbai; heavy showers predicted for another week