Passport scam: ED starts proceedings against cops
Moga (Punjab): The Enforcement Directorate
has started proceedings against three kingpins, all head
constables, in the Moga passport scam of 2008.
The ED`s Jalandhar office has initiated proceedings
against the three who were earlier posted in the Security
Branch of Moga SSP office, official sources said.
The accused are currently on bail and have been charged
with accumulating assets disproportionate to their known
sources of income besides facing cases under other provisions
The kingpins Jaswinder Singh, Ranjit Singh and Gurdial
Singh were arrested in the passport scam earlier.
They have been charged with conniving with an official
earlier posted in the Chandigarh Passport office, a post
office employee and a health department employee for making
fake birth certificates to issue passports.
So far 79 persons have been arrested including 14 travel
agents and 53 others who were issuing passport by submitting
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Punjab woman 'gangraped first, killed, and then thrown from roof'
- IPL 2016: Mumbai Indians sign Jerome Taylor as injured Lasith Malinga's replacement
- AugustaWestland chopper deal: It's political conspiracy to cover up criminal negligence in pursuing CBI inquiry, says AK Antony
- Tiger Shroff regrets making housewife comment?
- Britain would be less well off after Brexit: OECD