Passport scam: ED starts proceedings against cops
Moga (Punjab): The Enforcement Directorate
has started proceedings against three kingpins, all head
constables, in the Moga passport scam of 2008.
The ED`s Jalandhar office has initiated proceedings
against the three who were earlier posted in the Security
Branch of Moga SSP office, official sources said.
The accused are currently on bail and have been charged
with accumulating assets disproportionate to their known
sources of income besides facing cases under other provisions
The kingpins Jaswinder Singh, Ranjit Singh and Gurdial
Singh were arrested in the passport scam earlier.
They have been charged with conniving with an official
earlier posted in the Chandigarh Passport office, a post
office employee and a health department employee for making
fake birth certificates to issue passports.
So far 79 persons have been arrested including 14 travel
agents and 53 others who were issuing passport by submitting
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what