Passport scam: ED starts proceedings against cops
Moga (Punjab): The Enforcement Directorate
has started proceedings against three kingpins, all head
constables, in the Moga passport scam of 2008.
The ED`s Jalandhar office has initiated proceedings
against the three who were earlier posted in the Security
Branch of Moga SSP office, official sources said.
The accused are currently on bail and have been charged
with accumulating assets disproportionate to their known
sources of income besides facing cases under other provisions
The kingpins Jaswinder Singh, Ranjit Singh and Gurdial
Singh were arrested in the passport scam earlier.
They have been charged with conniving with an official
earlier posted in the Chandigarh Passport office, a post
office employee and a health department employee for making
fake birth certificates to issue passports.
So far 79 persons have been arrested including 14 travel
agents and 53 others who were issuing passport by submitting
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune