Passport scam: ED starts proceedings against cops
Moga (Punjab): The Enforcement Directorate
has started proceedings against three kingpins, all head
constables, in the Moga passport scam of 2008.
The ED`s Jalandhar office has initiated proceedings
against the three who were earlier posted in the Security
Branch of Moga SSP office, official sources said.
The accused are currently on bail and have been charged
with accumulating assets disproportionate to their known
sources of income besides facing cases under other provisions
The kingpins Jaswinder Singh, Ranjit Singh and Gurdial
Singh were arrested in the passport scam earlier.
They have been charged with conniving with an official
earlier posted in the Chandigarh Passport office, a post
office employee and a health department employee for making
fake birth certificates to issue passports.
So far 79 persons have been arrested including 14 travel
agents and 53 others who were issuing passport by submitting
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living