Pathankot Jail DSP along with 4 other cops suspended
Pathankot: A senior rank police official along with four other cops of Pathankot Jail was suspended in connection with the escape of an undertrial from jail premises on December 31.
"DSP, Pathankot Jail, Jaswinder Singh along with four other police officials were suspended for alleged dereliction of duty," Pathankot SSP Surinder Kalia said here on Thursday.
Four other police officials were posted as head constables and constables.
Kalia said the police officials were held responsible for the escape of an undertrial, identified as Parveen Kumar, who was arrested on theft charges.
However, the SSP said that a search is on to trace the whereabout of the undertrial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie