Pathankot Jail DSP along with 4 other cops suspended
Pathankot: A senior rank police official along with four other cops of Pathankot Jail was suspended in connection with the escape of an undertrial from jail premises on December 31.
"DSP, Pathankot Jail, Jaswinder Singh along with four other police officials were suspended for alleged dereliction of duty," Pathankot SSP Surinder Kalia said here on Thursday.
Four other police officials were posted as head constables and constables.
Kalia said the police officials were held responsible for the escape of an undertrial, identified as Parveen Kumar, who was arrested on theft charges.
However, the SSP said that a search is on to trace the whereabout of the undertrial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder