Pb seeks Rs 350 cr from Centre for Sakki nullah rehabilitation
Chandigarh: The Punjab Government has sought Rs 350 crore from the Union Government for the de-silting, relining and rehabilitation process of the 152-km long Sakki Nullah running from Gurdaspur to Amritsar.
The state government has urged the Centre to approve this project and release the grant at the earliest so that the work could be initiated on this multi-dimensional project.
Sakki Nullah, which starts from Swailpur village near Dinanagar in Gurdaspur district and goes up to Lodhi Gujjar village in Rajasansi in Amritsar district, creates much trouble during the rainy season, according to an official release issued here on Sunday.
More than 76,000 acres of land get submerged every year, besides affecting the lives of more than 1.25 lakh people of more than 500 villages, it said.
Considering this problem, the state government has chalked out a project of Rs 350 crore, which has been sent to the Centre for its approval.
The release further said that the Punjab Government in this financial year has incurred Rs 511 crore out of total sanctioned amount of Rs 1200 crore for the strengthening of embankment of the rivers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day