PEDA to install solar lights, gadgets in Rashtrapati Bhawan
Jalandhar: The Punjab Energy Development
Agency (PEDA) will install solar lights and gadgets in the
Rashtrapati Bhawan and Parliament and run them, its Chairman
Manjit Singh said here on Thursday.
Singh said installation of lights and gadgets will start
in the next four months and the project has been given to PEDA
by the Centre owing to its expertise in the area of
non-conventional and renewable energy sources.
The Chairman said the agency has also been given the best
performance award in the country.
The agency will also instal solar energy equipment in
houses or worship in the national capital and also Golden
Temple, Durgiana Mandir and Anandpur Sahib among others.
PEDA would also start producing power from next year and
would generate 350 MW energy, Singh said.
In coordination with Punjab State Electricity Board, the
agency has chosen 13 circles in Punjab where CFLs would be
provided on cheaper rates, the Chairman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites