PEDA to install solar lights, gadgets in Rashtrapati Bhawan
Jalandhar: The Punjab Energy Development
Agency (PEDA) will install solar lights and gadgets in the
Rashtrapati Bhawan and Parliament and run them, its Chairman
Manjit Singh said here on Thursday.
Singh said installation of lights and gadgets will start
in the next four months and the project has been given to PEDA
by the Centre owing to its expertise in the area of
non-conventional and renewable energy sources.
The Chairman said the agency has also been given the best
performance award in the country.
The agency will also instal solar energy equipment in
houses or worship in the national capital and also Golden
Temple, Durgiana Mandir and Anandpur Sahib among others.
PEDA would also start producing power from next year and
would generate 350 MW energy, Singh said.
In coordination with Punjab State Electricity Board, the
agency has chosen 13 circles in Punjab where CFLs would be
provided on cheaper rates, the Chairman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat
- Turkey can hold suspects without charge for up to 30 days
- Piramal Enterprises to raise Rs 300 cr via non-convertible debentures
- Gold, silver hit a soft patch as global cues turn weak
- Nokia all set to make comeback with 2 new Android 7.0 Nougat devices