Pension of freedom fighters hiked in Punjab
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Monday hiked the pension of freedom fighters by nearly 13 per cent
with effect from April this year.
The pension has been raised from Rs 4,250 per month to
Rs 4,800 per month, an official spokesman said here today.
The freedom fighters will also get Rs 200 per month as
medical assistance, he said.
The hike will also be applicable to widows of freedom
fighters, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- High-speed Spanish Talgo train begins trial run, to be introduced on Delhi-Mumbai route
- Want to improve your sex life? Ditch tampons for menstrual cups!
- Batla House encounter: BJP protests outside Sonia Gandhi's residence
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief
- Virat Kohli fails to breach 1000-run barrier but breaks Suresh Raina's IPL batting record