Pension of freedom fighters hiked in Punjab
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Monday hiked the pension of freedom fighters by nearly 13 per cent
with effect from April this year.
The pension has been raised from Rs 4,250 per month to
Rs 4,800 per month, an official spokesman said here today.
The freedom fighters will also get Rs 200 per month as
medical assistance, he said.
The hike will also be applicable to widows of freedom
fighters, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Pakistan has started behaving like an enemy: JD(U)
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- STOP THIS SHAME! Minor gangraped in Delhi's Jamia Nagar; suspect is juvenile
- Benefits of face scrubs for men