Pension of freedom fighters hiked in Punjab
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Monday hiked the pension of freedom fighters by nearly 13 per cent
with effect from April this year.
The pension has been raised from Rs 4,250 per month to
Rs 4,800 per month, an official spokesman said here today.
The freedom fighters will also get Rs 200 per month as
medical assistance, he said.
The hike will also be applicable to widows of freedom
fighters, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies