Pension of freedom fighters hiked in Punjab
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Monday hiked the pension of freedom fighters by nearly 13 per cent
with effect from April this year.
The pension has been raised from Rs 4,250 per month to
Rs 4,800 per month, an official spokesman said here today.
The freedom fighters will also get Rs 200 per month as
medical assistance, he said.
The hike will also be applicable to widows of freedom
fighters, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged