People disenchanted with SAD-BJP: Arvind Kejriwal
Amritsar: Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday said the outcome of the recent Lok Sabha polls in Punjab showed that the people were disillusioned with the SAD-BJP government and exuded confidence his party would form the next government in the state.
The mandate given by the voters to the AAP in the recent Lok Sabha polls in Punjab amply showed that people were fed up with the ruling SAD-BJP regime, he told reporters here.
The AAP bagged four Lok Sabha seats in Punjab without money power and would form the next government in the state, Kejriwal said.
"In the next assembly polls in Punjab, the AAP will form the government," he said.
His party would contest all the assembly seats in the state in the next elections, Kejriwal said.
Alleging the SAD-BJP combine of indulging in corrupt practices, he said it did nothing to solve the unemployment problem plaguing the state.
"People have now found a better choice in the shape of AAP which has made a historic entry in Punjab," Kejriwal said.
"I am thankful to the people of Punjab who had expressed their abundant faith in the AAP and sent its four candidates to Lok Sabha," he said.
On a senior Congress leader branding two AAP MPs as "naxalites", Kejriwal said "when somebody raises voice against injustice and corruption, then a few will start calling him a naxalite".
Earlier, Kejriwal along with his party activists paid obeisance at the Golden Temple and famous Durgiana Temple.
The former Delhi Chief Minister also visited historic Jallianwalla Bagh to pay tributes to martyrs who scarified their lives for the country`s freedom.
The fledgling AAP bagged Patiala, Fatehgarh Sahib, Faridkot and Sangrur Lok Sabha seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog