Police arrest nine robbers in Patiala
Patiala: Nine members of an interstate gang of robbers were arrested on Friday here on charges of stealing cars and extorting money, Punjab Police said.
"Working on a tip-off, police laid a trap around Gurdialpur forests here Thursday evening and arrested seven members of the gang. They were planning a major heist in this area.
A few days back this gang had snatched a Maruti Swift car from a family at gun-point," said Gurpreet Singh Gill, Patiala district police chief.
"On the basis of their interrogation, we arrested two more persons. This gang had also looted a petrol pump in Patiala earlier this month. We have recovered five pistols, live cartridges and a car from their possession," he added.
This gang was selling stolen cars in Haryana and Uttar Pradesh, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report