Police arrest nine robbers in Patiala
Patiala: Nine members of an interstate gang of robbers were arrested on Friday here on charges of stealing cars and extorting money, Punjab Police said.
"Working on a tip-off, police laid a trap around Gurdialpur forests here Thursday evening and arrested seven members of the gang. They were planning a major heist in this area.
A few days back this gang had snatched a Maruti Swift car from a family at gun-point," said Gurpreet Singh Gill, Patiala district police chief.
"On the basis of their interrogation, we arrested two more persons. This gang had also looted a petrol pump in Patiala earlier this month. We have recovered five pistols, live cartridges and a car from their possession," he added.
This gang was selling stolen cars in Haryana and Uttar Pradesh, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials