Police arrest nine robbers in Patiala
Patiala: Nine members of an interstate gang of robbers were arrested on Friday here on charges of stealing cars and extorting money, Punjab Police said.
"Working on a tip-off, police laid a trap around Gurdialpur forests here Thursday evening and arrested seven members of the gang. They were planning a major heist in this area.
A few days back this gang had snatched a Maruti Swift car from a family at gun-point," said Gurpreet Singh Gill, Patiala district police chief.
"On the basis of their interrogation, we arrested two more persons. This gang had also looted a petrol pump in Patiala earlier this month. We have recovered five pistols, live cartridges and a car from their possession," he added.
This gang was selling stolen cars in Haryana and Uttar Pradesh, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed