Police arrests five for bank fraud
Ludhiana: Police on Friday arrested five members of a gang, including a bank employee, involved in fraudulent withdrawal of money from different banks through fake cheques.
The arrested have confessed to the fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 2.78 crore from the accounts of different people in various banks at Amritsar, Banga, Nawanshahar and Ludhiana, Assistant Police Commissioner (ACP) Sapan Sharma said.
One of the arrested, Ramesh Kumar an employee of Punjab National Bank of a local branch used to provide them the vital informations like account numbers, name of the account holder, the serial number of cheque books of the concerned depositors and photo copies of the specimen signatures of the account holder, ACP said.
A laptop, Rs 43,000 in cash, several fake cheques, fake stamps and a printer have been recovered from the possession of the arrested persons, the police official added.
The arrested include king pin of the gang Satish Kumar Bhatia, Surjit Singh, Saudagar Singh, Ramesh Kumar and Jagdev Ram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees