Police arrests five for bank fraud
Ludhiana: Police on Friday arrested five members of a gang, including a bank employee, involved in fraudulent withdrawal of money from different banks through fake cheques.
The arrested have confessed to the fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 2.78 crore from the accounts of different people in various banks at Amritsar, Banga, Nawanshahar and Ludhiana, Assistant Police Commissioner (ACP) Sapan Sharma said.
One of the arrested, Ramesh Kumar an employee of Punjab National Bank of a local branch used to provide them the vital informations like account numbers, name of the account holder, the serial number of cheque books of the concerned depositors and photo copies of the specimen signatures of the account holder, ACP said.
A laptop, Rs 43,000 in cash, several fake cheques, fake stamps and a printer have been recovered from the possession of the arrested persons, the police official added.
The arrested include king pin of the gang Satish Kumar Bhatia, Surjit Singh, Saudagar Singh, Ramesh Kumar and Jagdev Ram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh
- Pakistan celebrate 'incredible journey' to No.1 in Test Cricket after 7 years