Police arrests one of six absconding under-trials
Moga: One of the six undertrials who had escaped from a temporary jail set up in judicial complex here was arrested by police, a senior official Wednesday said.
Senior Superintendent of Police Kamaljeet Singh Dhillon today said they had arrested Gurdev Singh last night, who was wanted in a theft case. He was hiding at a secluded place near the main gate of the District Judicial Complex.
He was sent to Faridkot Modern Jail.
Dhillon said total six undertrials had escaped yesterday.
Police teams continue to carry out raids at possible hideouts to nab the five undertrails, he said.
The other accused undertrials who are at large are Plawinder Singh, Kuljiner Singh, both of Miglani village of Taran Taran, Lachhmandass of Talwandi Naubahar (Moga), Kirpal Singh of Talwandi Bhangerian and Sukha Singh of Datewal village, he told reporters.
The undertrials, who had been brought here from Faridkot Central Jail, were kept at a temporary jail before their appearances in the respective courts in different cases, he said.
After their court appearance, they were locked in `Bakshi Khana` (temporary jail for undertrials in Judicial Complex) and in the evening they escaped after breaking the grills of window, he said.
- Uttarakhand Speaker rejects disqualification of rebel BJP MLA
- US says Iraq's PM in ''strong position'' amid political unrest
- US Navy chief hopes for `normalization` with Russia in Baltic
- Turkey says Gaziantep attacker linked to IS
- US Presidential polls: Donald Trump looks to smother Ted Cruz as Indiana votes today