Police arrests one of six absconding under-trials
Moga: One of the six undertrials who had escaped from a temporary jail set up in judicial complex here was arrested by police, a senior official Wednesday said.
Senior Superintendent of Police Kamaljeet Singh Dhillon today said they had arrested Gurdev Singh last night, who was wanted in a theft case. He was hiding at a secluded place near the main gate of the District Judicial Complex.
He was sent to Faridkot Modern Jail.
Dhillon said total six undertrials had escaped yesterday.
Police teams continue to carry out raids at possible hideouts to nab the five undertrails, he said.
The other accused undertrials who are at large are Plawinder Singh, Kuljiner Singh, both of Miglani village of Taran Taran, Lachhmandass of Talwandi Naubahar (Moga), Kirpal Singh of Talwandi Bhangerian and Sukha Singh of Datewal village, he told reporters.
The undertrials, who had been brought here from Faridkot Central Jail, were kept at a temporary jail before their appearances in the respective courts in different cases, he said.
After their court appearance, they were locked in `Bakshi Khana` (temporary jail for undertrials in Judicial Complex) and in the evening they escaped after breaking the grills of window, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat Patel quota stir leader Hardik Patel to be produced in court for insulting tricolour
- Doctors in Delhi Govt hospitals to go on strike over salaries, allowance
- What is so special for Xiaomi fans next week? Is it the Mi 5 black?
- Opposing 'dadagiri' of priests, Trupti Desai, 'Bhumata Brigade' activists enter Kapaleshwar Mandir in Nashik
- Cool morning in Delhi, max temp expected to be around 39 degrees Celsius