Police asked to file report on Honey Singh`s `obscene` lyrics
Ambala: A judicial magistrate court here has directed the police to inquire into the alleged obscene lyrics of Punjabi rapper Honey Singh and asked them to file a report by April 4.
Judicial Magistrate (JMIC) Hitesh Garg asked Station House Officer of Baldev Nagar to inquire into the alleged obscene lyrics used by Singh in his songs and file the report to the court by April 4.
Sanjay Khera, a local resident, had filed a complaint under sections of IPC related to obscenity offences on January 3 against Singh demanding ban on his music albums.
In the complaint moved through advocate Sandeep Sachdeva, Khera had pleaded that Singh`s songs were vulgar and obscene in nature, and not fit to be aired.
Khera today produced two CDs of Honey Singh in the court which allegedly included few vulgar songs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Hilarious! Salman Khan was in tears for a moment while filming ‘Sultan’ – Know why
- Money laundering: Chhagan, Sameer Bhujbal's judicial custody extended till June 7
- Posting babies' photos on Facebook put moms at depression risk
- Donald Trump is a joke for America: Chloe Grace Moretz
- Charleston church shooting case: US seeks death penalty for shooter Dylann Roof