Police asked to file report on Honey Singh`s `obscene` lyrics
Ambala: A judicial magistrate court here has directed the police to inquire into the alleged obscene lyrics of Punjabi rapper Honey Singh and asked them to file a report by April 4.
Judicial Magistrate (JMIC) Hitesh Garg asked Station House Officer of Baldev Nagar to inquire into the alleged obscene lyrics used by Singh in his songs and file the report to the court by April 4.
Sanjay Khera, a local resident, had filed a complaint under sections of IPC related to obscenity offences on January 3 against Singh demanding ban on his music albums.
In the complaint moved through advocate Sandeep Sachdeva, Khera had pleaded that Singh`s songs were vulgar and obscene in nature, and not fit to be aired.
Khera today produced two CDs of Honey Singh in the court which allegedly included few vulgar songs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal