Police asked to file report on Honey Singh`s `obscene` lyrics
Ambala: A judicial magistrate court here has directed the police to inquire into the alleged obscene lyrics of Punjabi rapper Honey Singh and asked them to file a report by April 4.
Judicial Magistrate (JMIC) Hitesh Garg asked Station House Officer of Baldev Nagar to inquire into the alleged obscene lyrics used by Singh in his songs and file the report to the court by April 4.
Sanjay Khera, a local resident, had filed a complaint under sections of IPC related to obscenity offences on January 3 against Singh demanding ban on his music albums.
In the complaint moved through advocate Sandeep Sachdeva, Khera had pleaded that Singh`s songs were vulgar and obscene in nature, and not fit to be aired.
Khera today produced two CDs of Honey Singh in the court which allegedly included few vulgar songs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?