Police claim woman lodged a false rape complaint
Moga: Police here claimed that a woman had registered a false rape complaint against her tenant, a Kabbadi player with whom she was in a relationship, as she was angry with him for marrying another women.
Acting on the complaint filed by a 22-year-old woman on January 1 against her tenant Harpal Singh that he has been raping her for last eight months, police constituted a three-member team to conduct an inquiry into the case, Moga SSP Surjit Singh Grewal said here yesterday.
During investigation, it was found that the accused had never raped her while there was consensual physical relationship between both of them, he said, adding police have decided to lodge a case against the woman under section 182 of IPC for registering a fake complaint.
The woman lodged the complaint because the accused married another woman, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone