‘Police must instill sense of security among public
Chandigarh: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday said police must instill a sense of security among public.
"It is important for police to instill a sense of security among the masses and a scare of law in criminals," he said in an interaction with senior police officers here.
Badal said the government will not tolerate collusion of any police personnel in illegal possession of property and lodging of false case against any innocent.
He asked DGPs to chalk out a plan to check theft of transformers for which he asked them to set up a mobile wing on the pattern of 108 ambulance that would reach the spot within 20 minutes.
Asking ADGP traffic to launch a concerted drive against drunken driving, over speeding, wrong parking, Badal said spot challans along with photographic evidence should be sent to the residence of motor vehicle owners within one week.
He asked the SSPs to hire cranes to toe away vehicles parked wrongly.
Badal also asked police to intensify their efforts to prevent piracy and drug smuggling.
He also batted for a specialised investigation cell for heinous crimes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad