‘Police must instill sense of security among public
Chandigarh: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday said police must instill a sense of security among public.
"It is important for police to instill a sense of security among the masses and a scare of law in criminals," he said in an interaction with senior police officers here.
Badal said the government will not tolerate collusion of any police personnel in illegal possession of property and lodging of false case against any innocent.
He asked DGPs to chalk out a plan to check theft of transformers for which he asked them to set up a mobile wing on the pattern of 108 ambulance that would reach the spot within 20 minutes.
Asking ADGP traffic to launch a concerted drive against drunken driving, over speeding, wrong parking, Badal said spot challans along with photographic evidence should be sent to the residence of motor vehicle owners within one week.
He asked the SSPs to hire cranes to toe away vehicles parked wrongly.
Badal also asked police to intensify their efforts to prevent piracy and drug smuggling.
He also batted for a specialised investigation cell for heinous crimes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'