‘Police must instill sense of security among public
Chandigarh: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday said police must instill a sense of security among public.
"It is important for police to instill a sense of security among the masses and a scare of law in criminals," he said in an interaction with senior police officers here.
Badal said the government will not tolerate collusion of any police personnel in illegal possession of property and lodging of false case against any innocent.
He asked DGPs to chalk out a plan to check theft of transformers for which he asked them to set up a mobile wing on the pattern of 108 ambulance that would reach the spot within 20 minutes.
Asking ADGP traffic to launch a concerted drive against drunken driving, over speeding, wrong parking, Badal said spot challans along with photographic evidence should be sent to the residence of motor vehicle owners within one week.
He asked the SSPs to hire cranes to toe away vehicles parked wrongly.
Badal also asked police to intensify their efforts to prevent piracy and drug smuggling.
He also batted for a specialised investigation cell for heinous crimes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog