‘Police must instill sense of security among public
Chandigarh: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday said police must instill a sense of security among public.
"It is important for police to instill a sense of security among the masses and a scare of law in criminals," he said in an interaction with senior police officers here.
Badal said the government will not tolerate collusion of any police personnel in illegal possession of property and lodging of false case against any innocent.
He asked DGPs to chalk out a plan to check theft of transformers for which he asked them to set up a mobile wing on the pattern of 108 ambulance that would reach the spot within 20 minutes.
Asking ADGP traffic to launch a concerted drive against drunken driving, over speeding, wrong parking, Badal said spot challans along with photographic evidence should be sent to the residence of motor vehicle owners within one week.
He asked the SSPs to hire cranes to toe away vehicles parked wrongly.
Badal also asked police to intensify their efforts to prevent piracy and drug smuggling.
He also batted for a specialised investigation cell for heinous crimes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners