Police nab three accused in the Jalandhar gang-rape case
Jalandhar: All three accused in the alleged gang-rape of 14-year-old girl of Mandala Chhanna village here have been arrested, police said on Saturday.
Balwinder Singh, Sher Singh and Charanjeet Singh have been arrested in the January 28 rape case, senior police official Yurinder Singh Hayer told reporters this evening.
While Balwinder was arrested late last night, the other two were caught by the Jalandhar police today, he added.
The police is now waiting for the victim`s medical report, following which they will record the girl`s statement to go any further in the case.
However, investigations are still in progress, the police official said.
The 14-year old girl was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by the three accused on January 28 when she had gone out of her home to relieve herself.
The girl`s ruptured uterus had to be removed and intestines repaired at a hospital in Amritsar following the brutal rape.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Supreme Court bans diesel, petrol cabs in Delhi-NCR from May 1
- SHOCKING! Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Haryana - WATCH VIDEO
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to star in Ajay Devgn's ‘Baadshaho’?
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept