Police nab three accused in the Jalandhar gang-rape case
Jalandhar: All three accused in the alleged gang-rape of 14-year-old girl of Mandala Chhanna village here have been arrested, police said on Saturday.
Balwinder Singh, Sher Singh and Charanjeet Singh have been arrested in the January 28 rape case, senior police official Yurinder Singh Hayer told reporters this evening.
While Balwinder was arrested late last night, the other two were caught by the Jalandhar police today, he added.
The police is now waiting for the victim`s medical report, following which they will record the girl`s statement to go any further in the case.
However, investigations are still in progress, the police official said.
The 14-year old girl was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by the three accused on January 28 when she had gone out of her home to relieve herself.
The girl`s ruptured uterus had to be removed and intestines repaired at a hospital in Amritsar following the brutal rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional