Police nab three accused in the Jalandhar gang-rape case
Jalandhar: All three accused in the alleged gang-rape of 14-year-old girl of Mandala Chhanna village here have been arrested, police said on Saturday.
Balwinder Singh, Sher Singh and Charanjeet Singh have been arrested in the January 28 rape case, senior police official Yurinder Singh Hayer told reporters this evening.
While Balwinder was arrested late last night, the other two were caught by the Jalandhar police today, he added.
The police is now waiting for the victim`s medical report, following which they will record the girl`s statement to go any further in the case.
However, investigations are still in progress, the police official said.
The 14-year old girl was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by the three accused on January 28 when she had gone out of her home to relieve herself.
The girl`s ruptured uterus had to be removed and intestines repaired at a hospital in Amritsar following the brutal rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal