Police nab three accused in the Jalandhar gang-rape case
Jalandhar: All three accused in the alleged gang-rape of 14-year-old girl of Mandala Chhanna village here have been arrested, police said on Saturday.
Balwinder Singh, Sher Singh and Charanjeet Singh have been arrested in the January 28 rape case, senior police official Yurinder Singh Hayer told reporters this evening.
While Balwinder was arrested late last night, the other two were caught by the Jalandhar police today, he added.
The police is now waiting for the victim`s medical report, following which they will record the girl`s statement to go any further in the case.
However, investigations are still in progress, the police official said.
The 14-year old girl was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by the three accused on January 28 when she had gone out of her home to relieve herself.
The girl`s ruptured uterus had to be removed and intestines repaired at a hospital in Amritsar following the brutal rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- There's nothing wrong in Oppn leaders meeting PM Modi: J&K Mehbooba Mufti
- 'India wants to be friends, but Pakistan, China have sin in their minds'
- UK report recommends special prison units for Islamist extremists
- My career all but over if ban not reviewed: Narsingh Yadav
- RInfra completes 100% sale of cement biz to Birla Corp