Police nab three accused in the Jalandhar gang-rape case
Jalandhar: All three accused in the alleged gang-rape of 14-year-old girl of Mandala Chhanna village here have been arrested, police said on Saturday.
Balwinder Singh, Sher Singh and Charanjeet Singh have been arrested in the January 28 rape case, senior police official Yurinder Singh Hayer told reporters this evening.
While Balwinder was arrested late last night, the other two were caught by the Jalandhar police today, he added.
The police is now waiting for the victim`s medical report, following which they will record the girl`s statement to go any further in the case.
However, investigations are still in progress, the police official said.
The 14-year old girl was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by the three accused on January 28 when she had gone out of her home to relieve herself.
The girl`s ruptured uterus had to be removed and intestines repaired at a hospital in Amritsar following the brutal rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP