Polish Ambassador calls on Punjab CM
Chandigarh: Polish Ambassador Prof Piotr Klodkowski has evinced interest to initiate agro-sector activities for bilateral benefits with Punjab.
The Ambassador called upon Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal here last night, an official spokesman said today.
He was accompanied by a three-member team and senior officers of CII, the spokesman said.
The envoy offered to work with the state government in the sectors of horticulture, food processing and trade.
He said Poland had cordial relations with India for over 60 years and was looking forward to further strengthening these ties.
Appreciating the efforts of the state government to boost industrialisation in the state, particularly after organising an Industrial Summit recently, the Polish envoy offered to explore possibilities to initiate new ventures of mutual interests and benefits.
The Chief Minister said a serious and meaningful cooperation with Poland was necessary to mutually explore the potential in agriculture and agro-processing sector.
Badal apprised the Polish Ambassador that Punjab`s economy was predominantly agrarian, like Poland, and the state government was organising an international agricultural summit next month to find ways to boost its agrarian economy through forging alliances and seeking joint ventures in agro-sector, besides opting for new vistas in allied farming and agro-forestry.
He extended invitation to the envoy to send his team of experts and farmers to participate in this summit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800