Polish Ambassador calls on Punjab CM
Chandigarh: Polish Ambassador Prof Piotr Klodkowski has evinced interest to initiate agro-sector activities for bilateral benefits with Punjab.
The Ambassador called upon Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal here last night, an official spokesman said today.
He was accompanied by a three-member team and senior officers of CII, the spokesman said.
The envoy offered to work with the state government in the sectors of horticulture, food processing and trade.
He said Poland had cordial relations with India for over 60 years and was looking forward to further strengthening these ties.
Appreciating the efforts of the state government to boost industrialisation in the state, particularly after organising an Industrial Summit recently, the Polish envoy offered to explore possibilities to initiate new ventures of mutual interests and benefits.
The Chief Minister said a serious and meaningful cooperation with Poland was necessary to mutually explore the potential in agriculture and agro-processing sector.
Badal apprised the Polish Ambassador that Punjab`s economy was predominantly agrarian, like Poland, and the state government was organising an international agricultural summit next month to find ways to boost its agrarian economy through forging alliances and seeking joint ventures in agro-sector, besides opting for new vistas in allied farming and agro-forestry.
He extended invitation to the envoy to send his team of experts and farmers to participate in this summit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui