`Political parties must cooperate in voters` enrolment`
Chandigarh: All political parties should cooperate in enrolling eligible voters, state Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) said here today.
"Political parties should also launch awareness campaigns to motivate people for registering themselves as voters," Raminder Singh, CEO, Punjab said.
Presiding over a meeting with representatives of all political parties, he said the Election Commission`s main focus would be to enrol those in the age group of 18-20 years, as it has come to notice that youths of this age are less registered.
People residing in slum areas and beggars are also being encouraged to get registered as voters, Singh said, according to a government spokesman.
The EC has launched the `Be responsible-Become Voter` campaign to encourage new voters and work for electoral roll revision would continue till October 4, he said adding, Booth Level Officers would be available at polling booths on September 29 to collect forms.
Singh said he had held a meeting with all government departments who are involved in public dealings to encourage people to become voters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley