Political parties to be kept out of RTI Act`s preview: Balbir Punj
Palampur: BJP on Sunday defended the party decision to support the Centre`s move to amend laws and keep political parties out of the purview of RTI Act and also on the proposed bill to counteract the Supreme Court`s decision debarring people convicted by courts from contesting polls.
"These decisions will weaken democracy and create problems," BJP national vice-president and in-charge for Himachal Balbir Punj, who was here to attend a three-day training camp of BJP workers, said while talking to reporters here.
Punj blamed the state government of working with the sole motive of harassing political opponents by resorting to mass transfers of employees and said the party has chalked out a programme to protest all such moves.
When asked about BJP`s candidate for the post of Prime Minister, Punj said it will be decided later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy