Politics is no more a profession of wise people: Prof Prem Singh Chandumajra
New Delhi: Preparing for the forthcoming assembly elections in Punjab, senior SAD leader Prof Prem Singh Chandumajra, openly admits for the first time that his party’s internal politics had lead to his massive defeat at the hands of Perneet Kaur in 2009 lok sabha elections.
General Secretary of SAD, Prof Chandumajra is quite confident this time though as he says party has worked in unity to serve the people of Punjab by introducing a number of developmental schemes and projects which has strengthened the party in the state and he is optimistic that SAD-BJP coalition would create another record by having a second consecutive win in the coming assembly elections.
Sharing his personal feelings with reporter and producer Gagandeep Chauhan in ‘Satsriakal Pradhan Ji’ the senior Akali Dal leader and people’s man Prof Chandumajra says, “Politics just happened to me as I never thought of making a career out of it. I always wanted to serve the people and destiny brought me here”.
In an open and candid talk on Zee Punjabi he gives full credit to SAD for his landmark victory against Congress stalwart and former Chief Minister Capt Amrinder Singh in 1998. This family man from a small village, Chandumajra in Patiala claims, with his party in power he has been actively contributing to the development of his parliamentary constituency by addressing people’s grievances even after losing it in the last elections.
He complains, “Politics is no more a profession of wise people as values are fast depleting and it has become a toughest task to elect an honest candidate these days”.
He shared his views on ‘Satsriakal Pradhan Ji’ which airs at 7.30 PM every Sunday and has received a great response from viewers across the globe.
Encouraged by its huge success, Sanjay Vohra, Editor, Zee Punjabi says, “Viewers will have a great treat in the near future as we plan to bring more new shows on Zee Punjabi.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation