`Pracharaks` should spare a month for Sikh Panth: Akal Takht
Phagwara: Akal Takht on Monday urged the `pracharaks` or preachers to "donate time" by sparing a month every year for the Sikh Panth in order to take the message and philosophy of Sikhism to every house.
Gurbachan Singh, head of the top temporal seat of the Sikh community, made the call while addressing the valedictory function of the three-day `Naam Simran Gurmat Samagam` here.
"Those `pracharaks` who can afford to donate time and have fulfilled family responsibilities should volunteer to spare one month for Panth", Singh said.
"This type of donation of time, along with traditional donations, was necessary for carrying the message of Sikhism to different places the world over, saving our youths from apostasy, drugs and other evils and for respecting women, especially the girl child", he said.
He also urged the entire Sikh community to commit itself to Akal Takht, adding that the results of the recent elections of Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee were a "slap on the faces of all those forces which had made sinister attempts to erode the supremacy of Akal Takht".
"Certain forces were always on the lookout to marginalise Sikh institutions, including Akal Takht, in order to weaken Sikh community but they will never succeed in the nefarious designs", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video