Prakash Singh Badal to call on PM, submit state development plan to Centre
Bathinda: Punjab Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal today said he would soon call on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and submit a comprehensive plan for the overall development of the state.
Badal said that he had already directed state government officers to prepare a detailed plan to be submitted to the Prime Minister so that maximum benefit could be taken from the grants under the various central schemes.
Funds under the various central schemes needs to be roped in for accelerating the pace of development in the state, for which the state government would not leave any stone unturned, he said.
The CM also said he would regularly meet the Union Ministers in New Delhi every week or fortnight to seek their support and cooperation in various developmental projects in Punjab.
The state has suffered adversely due to the "step motherly treatment" meted out by the Congress led-UPA government but with the formation of the NDA government at the Centre the all-round development of the state would get a major boost, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre