Pregnancy of minor girl medically terminated
Faridkot: The medical termination of the six-week pregnancy of a minor girl, who was allegedly abducted and later recovered from Goa, was carried out here after the consent from her parents, official sources said on Saturday.
According to her parents, the medical termination of the girl`s pregnancy was carried out at Civil hospital on Friday night, and she was discharged on Saturday.
The Civil Surgeon had constituted a panel of doctors to perform the termination of her pregnancy, sources said.
A local court on November 21 had allowed the parents to take custody of the minor girl, who was lodged in Jalandhar`s Nari Niketan after she was recovered from Goa.
The parents had also moved an application in the court for the medical termination of her pregnancy.
The court had said the application for termination of the girl`s pregnancy had become infructuous as the parents had been given her custody.
The girl was allegedly abducted by one Nishan Singh at gunpoint from her house on September 24.
On October 20, the minor was recovered from Goa and the abductor was arrested.
The medical examination, on October 23, confirmed that the girl was pregnant.
The girl after her recovery had refused to go with her parents, following which the court sent her to Nari Niketan at Jalandhar.
All the 18 identified accused in the case were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE