Pregnant woman crushed to death in Amritsar
Amritsar: A pregnant woman was crushed to death by a bus here on Wednesday, police said.
The deceased, identified as Kamaljit Kaur, was the pillion rider on a scooter with her husband when the bus hit their vehicle from rear, police said.
Police said that Kaur`s husband and their minor daughter who were also riding the scooter had a narrow escape in the mishap.
After the incident, a mob of the area set the bus ablaze. However, driver of the bus and conductor fled after the accident.
A relative of deceased told that Kamaljit Kaur was pregnant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!