Pregnant woman crushed to death in Amritsar
Amritsar: A pregnant woman was crushed to death by a bus here on Wednesday, police said.
The deceased, identified as Kamaljit Kaur, was the pillion rider on a scooter with her husband when the bus hit their vehicle from rear, police said.
Police said that Kaur`s husband and their minor daughter who were also riding the scooter had a narrow escape in the mishap.
After the incident, a mob of the area set the bus ablaze. However, driver of the bus and conductor fled after the accident.
A relative of deceased told that Kamaljit Kaur was pregnant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM