President`s rule cannot be ruled out in Punjab: Capt
Muktsar: Senior Congress leader and former chief minister Amarinder Singh on Sunday said the President`s rule cannot be ruled out in Punjab as "the law and order has broken down in the state which is in a financial mess".
Addressing a rally organised on the occasion of Maghi Mela here, he asked the Akalis not to take it for granted that they will be enjoy power for another four years.
"The law and order situation in Punjab is deteriorating and finances are in a mess. "The state is heading towards financial emergency. Under these circumstances the President’s rule cannot be ruled out," said Amarinder, who is also the Punjab Congress president.
He alleged Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, who is at the helm of affairs, is responsible for the current mess.
The PCC chief appealed to Congress leaders and workers to put up a united face for the Moga assembly bypoll.
He said he will be camping at Moga to woo voters for his party candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH