President`s rule cannot be ruled out in Punjab: Capt
Muktsar: Senior Congress leader and former chief minister Amarinder Singh on Sunday said the President`s rule cannot be ruled out in Punjab as "the law and order has broken down in the state which is in a financial mess".
Addressing a rally organised on the occasion of Maghi Mela here, he asked the Akalis not to take it for granted that they will be enjoy power for another four years.
"The law and order situation in Punjab is deteriorating and finances are in a mess. "The state is heading towards financial emergency. Under these circumstances the President’s rule cannot be ruled out," said Amarinder, who is also the Punjab Congress president.
He alleged Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, who is at the helm of affairs, is responsible for the current mess.
The PCC chief appealed to Congress leaders and workers to put up a united face for the Moga assembly bypoll.
He said he will be camping at Moga to woo voters for his party candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket