President`s rule cannot be ruled out in Punjab: Capt
Muktsar: Senior Congress leader and former chief minister Amarinder Singh on Sunday said the President`s rule cannot be ruled out in Punjab as "the law and order has broken down in the state which is in a financial mess".
Addressing a rally organised on the occasion of Maghi Mela here, he asked the Akalis not to take it for granted that they will be enjoy power for another four years.
"The law and order situation in Punjab is deteriorating and finances are in a mess. "The state is heading towards financial emergency. Under these circumstances the President’s rule cannot be ruled out," said Amarinder, who is also the Punjab Congress president.
He alleged Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, who is at the helm of affairs, is responsible for the current mess.
The PCC chief appealed to Congress leaders and workers to put up a united face for the Moga assembly bypoll.
He said he will be camping at Moga to woo voters for his party candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister