President`s rule cannot be ruled out in Punjab: Capt
Muktsar: Senior Congress leader and former chief minister Amarinder Singh on Sunday said the President`s rule cannot be ruled out in Punjab as "the law and order has broken down in the state which is in a financial mess".
Addressing a rally organised on the occasion of Maghi Mela here, he asked the Akalis not to take it for granted that they will be enjoy power for another four years.
"The law and order situation in Punjab is deteriorating and finances are in a mess. "The state is heading towards financial emergency. Under these circumstances the President’s rule cannot be ruled out," said Amarinder, who is also the Punjab Congress president.
He alleged Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, who is at the helm of affairs, is responsible for the current mess.
The PCC chief appealed to Congress leaders and workers to put up a united face for the Moga assembly bypoll.
He said he will be camping at Moga to woo voters for his party candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued