Prince Charles, Camilla visit Punjab
Chandigarh: Prince Charles and his wife Camilla arrived here Monday for a one-day visit to Punjab to see the use of solar energy and organic farming.
The Prince, who Sunday declared the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi open, headed to the Punjab Raj Bhawan after landing at Chandigarh.
He will visit the solar passive building of the Punjab Energy Development Agency (PEDA) here. He will see a specially designed building that utilizes solar energy for electricity generation and natural light for all interior areas.
The building has been designed in a way to allow free air circulation. which minimizes the use of fans and air-conditioners.
The Prince will then fly to Hansali village in Fatehgarh Sahib district, 70 km from here, to see the agricultural farm of Sukhchain Singh Gill, who does organic farming.
"I welcome the visit of Prince Charles. He wanted to see an organic farm. My farm has been selected, and I am quite excited," Gill said.
Duchess of Cornwall Camilla will visit the St. Stephen`s School here and later a centre for mentally challenged children.
The royal couple will then go to Patiala, 70 km from here, where they will be the guests of former Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh and wife, union Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur.
Amarinder Singh and Preneet Kaur belong to the erstwhile royal family of Patiala. The royals will attend a dinner hosted Monday by Amarinder Singh and will stay at their palace.
The media have been kept out of all the events.
Prince Charles and Camilla visited Patiala in 2006. Then too the Prince saw an organic farm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly