Prisoner serving life term dies in central jail
Ambala: A prisoner serving life term in a murder case died in the Ambala Central Jail, police said on Sunday.
The deceased, Krishan Kumar, was a resident of village Kesri near Ambala Cantonment and was sentenced life term in 1998 in connection with a murder case in Pinjore.
The jail authorities came to know about the incident today when other inmates of the barrack informed them in this regard.
The cause of the death was not immediately known.
According to jail sources, Kumar was suffering from Asthma.
Deputy Jail Superintendent Sanjay Bangar said the body was sent to civil hospital for postmortem.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Supreme Court bans diesel, petrol cabs in Delhi-NCR from May 1
- SHOCKING! Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Haryana - WATCH VIDEO
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to star in Ajay Devgn's ‘Baadshaho’?
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept