Prisoner serving life term dies in central jail
Ambala: A prisoner serving life term in a murder case died in the Ambala Central Jail, police said on Sunday.
The deceased, Krishan Kumar, was a resident of village Kesri near Ambala Cantonment and was sentenced life term in 1998 in connection with a murder case in Pinjore.
The jail authorities came to know about the incident today when other inmates of the barrack informed them in this regard.
The cause of the death was not immediately known.
According to jail sources, Kumar was suffering from Asthma.
Deputy Jail Superintendent Sanjay Bangar said the body was sent to civil hospital for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof