Prisoner serving life term dies in central jail
Ambala: A prisoner serving life term in a murder case died in the Ambala Central Jail, police said on Sunday.
The deceased, Krishan Kumar, was a resident of village Kesri near Ambala Cantonment and was sentenced life term in 1998 in connection with a murder case in Pinjore.
The jail authorities came to know about the incident today when other inmates of the barrack informed them in this regard.
The cause of the death was not immediately known.
According to jail sources, Kumar was suffering from Asthma.
Deputy Jail Superintendent Sanjay Bangar said the body was sent to civil hospital for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP