Prisoner serving life term dies in central jail
Ambala: A prisoner serving life term in a murder case died in the Ambala Central Jail, police said on Sunday.
The deceased, Krishan Kumar, was a resident of village Kesri near Ambala Cantonment and was sentenced life term in 1998 in connection with a murder case in Pinjore.
The jail authorities came to know about the incident today when other inmates of the barrack informed them in this regard.
The cause of the death was not immediately known.
According to jail sources, Kumar was suffering from Asthma.
Deputy Jail Superintendent Sanjay Bangar said the body was sent to civil hospital for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi