Prisoner serving life term dies in central jail
Ambala: A prisoner serving life term in a murder case died in the Ambala Central Jail, police said on Sunday.
The deceased, Krishan Kumar, was a resident of village Kesri near Ambala Cantonment and was sentenced life term in 1998 in connection with a murder case in Pinjore.
The jail authorities came to know about the incident today when other inmates of the barrack informed them in this regard.
The cause of the death was not immediately known.
According to jail sources, Kumar was suffering from Asthma.
Deputy Jail Superintendent Sanjay Bangar said the body was sent to civil hospital for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!