Private varsity student commits suicide in Punjab
Phagwara (Pb): A student of a private university here allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a train near Chaheru on Phagwara-Jalandhar rail section, police said on Wednesday.
Deepak (19), a student of Lovely Professional University (LPU), jumped before the train last night and ended his life, Phagwara GRP Post In-charge Pawittar Singh said.
Probes are on to establish the reason behind the extreme step by the victim, he said.
Meanwhile, a middle-aged man was killed after being hit by a train on Phagwara-Ludhiana rail section, Singh said.
The deceased, identified as Dosanjh Kalan, had an on-spot death in the incident that took place last night, they said.
Further probes are on to ascertain the circumstances leading to the incident, the GRP official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali