Private varsity student commits suicide in Punjab
Phagwara (Pb): A student of a private university here allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a train near Chaheru on Phagwara-Jalandhar rail section, police said on Wednesday.
Deepak (19), a student of Lovely Professional University (LPU), jumped before the train last night and ended his life, Phagwara GRP Post In-charge Pawittar Singh said.
Probes are on to establish the reason behind the extreme step by the victim, he said.
Meanwhile, a middle-aged man was killed after being hit by a train on Phagwara-Ludhiana rail section, Singh said.
The deceased, identified as Dosanjh Kalan, had an on-spot death in the incident that took place last night, they said.
Further probes are on to ascertain the circumstances leading to the incident, the GRP official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi