Private varsity student commits suicide in Punjab
Phagwara (Pb): A student of a private university here allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a train near Chaheru on Phagwara-Jalandhar rail section, police said on Wednesday.
Deepak (19), a student of Lovely Professional University (LPU), jumped before the train last night and ended his life, Phagwara GRP Post In-charge Pawittar Singh said.
Probes are on to establish the reason behind the extreme step by the victim, he said.
Meanwhile, a middle-aged man was killed after being hit by a train on Phagwara-Ludhiana rail section, Singh said.
The deceased, identified as Dosanjh Kalan, had an on-spot death in the incident that took place last night, they said.
Further probes are on to ascertain the circumstances leading to the incident, the GRP official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!