Pro-incumbency wave in Punjab: Dy CM Sukhbir
Patiala: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir
Singh Badal on Saturday claimed there was a pro-incumbency wave in
the state and ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD)-BJP combine
will win next assembly elections with a thumping majority.
"We had prepared a road map for development in our state
when we took over the reins of Punjab in 2007," he told
reporters here adding that "our efforts to put the economy of
the state back on track have already begun to produce results,
as nearly 100 per cent increase in the growth rate of revenue
collections has been recorded."
Sukhbir claimed Congress would meet the same fate in
Punjab as it had met in Bihar Assembly elections.
Taking a dig at Punjab Congress president Amarinder
Singh, he said "his road shows will not translate into
Amarinder Singh had also organized roadshows just before
the 2007 assembly elections in Punjab and was "rejected" by
the people of the state, Sukhbir said.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Prosecutors says ISIS ordered Italian resident to attack Rome
- Bomb blast in Assam's Tinsukia area; dozens injured, some in serious condition
- EWS admission: Delhi Govt issues fresh instructions to schools
- Kanhaiya, ABVP activists on indefinite hunger strikes in JNU
- Sooner the verdict, the better for state: Harish Rawat