Pro-incumbency wave in Punjab: Dy CM Sukhbir
Patiala: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir
Singh Badal on Saturday claimed there was a pro-incumbency wave in
the state and ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD)-BJP combine
will win next assembly elections with a thumping majority.
"We had prepared a road map for development in our state
when we took over the reins of Punjab in 2007," he told
reporters here adding that "our efforts to put the economy of
the state back on track have already begun to produce results,
as nearly 100 per cent increase in the growth rate of revenue
collections has been recorded."
Sukhbir claimed Congress would meet the same fate in
Punjab as it had met in Bihar Assembly elections.
Taking a dig at Punjab Congress president Amarinder
Singh, he said "his road shows will not translate into
Amarinder Singh had also organized roadshows just before
the 2007 assembly elections in Punjab and was "rejected" by
the people of the state, Sukhbir said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt