Pro-incumbency wave in Punjab: Dy CM Sukhbir
Patiala: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir
Singh Badal on Saturday claimed there was a pro-incumbency wave in
the state and ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD)-BJP combine
will win next assembly elections with a thumping majority.
"We had prepared a road map for development in our state
when we took over the reins of Punjab in 2007," he told
reporters here adding that "our efforts to put the economy of
the state back on track have already begun to produce results,
as nearly 100 per cent increase in the growth rate of revenue
collections has been recorded."
Sukhbir claimed Congress would meet the same fate in
Punjab as it had met in Bihar Assembly elections.
Taking a dig at Punjab Congress president Amarinder
Singh, he said "his road shows will not translate into
Amarinder Singh had also organized roadshows just before
the 2007 assembly elections in Punjab and was "rejected" by
the people of the state, Sukhbir said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'