Probe into issuance of armed licence to Namdhari
Chandigarh: Taking cognizance of media reports regarding issuance of armed license to Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, an accused in the Ponty Chadha shootout case, and clearance of his passport application, the Punjab government on Wednesday ordered an inquiry into the entire affair.
The probe would be conducted by Principal Secretary (Home) DS Bains, a spokesperson of the Chief Minister`s office said.
The Deputy Chief Minister, who also holds the Home portfolio, had asked Bains to submit the report within a fortnight.
He also directed the Principal Secretary (Home) to suggest concrete measures to prevent recurrence of such incidents.
Yesterday, the Jalandhar Passport Office impounded the passport of Namdhari, who was recently sacked as chief of the Uttarakhand Minorities Commission.
Regional Passport Officer Parneet Singh had said "we have impounded his passport which was issued to him in May 2006."
"An Uttarakhand resident had informed us that Namdhari had given a wrong address while applying for the passport," he had said.
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma go 'Tamatar' hunting on 'Sultan' sets—Watch videos!
- Sensex sinks 104 points in early trade on weak global cues
- Sacha Baron Cohen's father dies at 83
- AAP founder member Ilyas Azmi quits party, says 'autrocratic' Arvind Kejriwal doing 'communal politics'
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC to resume hearing on plea challenging HC order revoking President's Rule