Proclaimed offender on the run for 26 yrs arrested in Patiala
Hamirpur (HP): A proclaimed offender wanted in a case of theft here was today arrested in Patiala after being on a run for 26 years, district police said on Monday.
Kuldip Kumar of Bhiambi village here was facing trials in a theft case and was avoiding the court since 1986 when the case was initiated against him, they said.
Acting on a tip off, Hamirpur district police along with the local police in Patiala arrested Kumar from a private school where he was working as a bus driver.
He was presented in a local court here today and sent to two days of police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump Inauguration LIVE: US President vows to eradicate Islamic terrorism from the face of Earth