Proclaimed offender on the run for 26 yrs arrested in Patiala
Hamirpur (HP): A proclaimed offender wanted in a case of theft here was today arrested in Patiala after being on a run for 26 years, district police said on Monday.
Kuldip Kumar of Bhiambi village here was facing trials in a theft case and was avoiding the court since 1986 when the case was initiated against him, they said.
Acting on a tip off, Hamirpur district police along with the local police in Patiala arrested Kumar from a private school where he was working as a bus driver.
He was presented in a local court here today and sent to two days of police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Bihar's Nirbhaya case: Prime accused in Motihari gang-rape arrested
- Brexit Vote: UK decides to quit European Union; PM David Cameron to resign
- BJD members stone Textile Minister Santosh Gangwar’s car in Odisha, MLA arrested
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor makes his voice-over debut as 'Buck' in Hindi trailer of 'Ice Age Collision Course'!
- Govt, RBI seek to soothe wracked investor nerves after Brexit