Proclaimed offender on the run for 26 yrs arrested in Patiala
Hamirpur (HP): A proclaimed offender wanted in a case of theft here was today arrested in Patiala after being on a run for 26 years, district police said on Monday.
Kuldip Kumar of Bhiambi village here was facing trials in a theft case and was avoiding the court since 1986 when the case was initiated against him, they said.
Acting on a tip off, Hamirpur district police along with the local police in Patiala arrested Kumar from a private school where he was working as a bus driver.
He was presented in a local court here today and sent to two days of police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured