Protest marches in support of Rajoana
Phagwara: Activists of Akali Students Federation, led by its President Manjit Singh, on Tuesday took out a march here in support of Balwant Singh Rajoana sentenced to death for assassinating former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh.
Carrying placards and banners, the marchers started
from local Nimmawala Gurdwara chowk and passed through various
markets before returning to the same place.
A prayer at the gurdwara for the well-being of Rajoana
preceded the march.
Meanwhile, a report from Sangrur in Punjab said a march
was taken out by a group of people on motorcycles who were
against the hanging of Rajoana.
Protestors also submitted a memorandum to Additional
Deputy Commissioner Pritam Singh Johal in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley