Protest marches in support of Rajoana
Phagwara: Activists of Akali Students Federation, led by its President Manjit Singh, on Tuesday took out a march here in support of Balwant Singh Rajoana sentenced to death for assassinating former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh.
Carrying placards and banners, the marchers started
from local Nimmawala Gurdwara chowk and passed through various
markets before returning to the same place.
A prayer at the gurdwara for the well-being of Rajoana
preceded the march.
Meanwhile, a report from Sangrur in Punjab said a march
was taken out by a group of people on motorcycles who were
against the hanging of Rajoana.
Protestors also submitted a memorandum to Additional
Deputy Commissioner Pritam Singh Johal in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir