Protest marches in support of Rajoana
Phagwara: Activists of Akali Students Federation, led by its President Manjit Singh, on Tuesday took out a march here in support of Balwant Singh Rajoana sentenced to death for assassinating former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh.
Carrying placards and banners, the marchers started
from local Nimmawala Gurdwara chowk and passed through various
markets before returning to the same place.
A prayer at the gurdwara for the well-being of Rajoana
preceded the march.
Meanwhile, a report from Sangrur in Punjab said a march
was taken out by a group of people on motorcycles who were
against the hanging of Rajoana.
Protestors also submitted a memorandum to Additional
Deputy Commissioner Pritam Singh Johal in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter