Protest marches in support of Rajoana
Phagwara: Activists of Akali Students Federation, led by its President Manjit Singh, on Tuesday took out a march here in support of Balwant Singh Rajoana sentenced to death for assassinating former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh.
Carrying placards and banners, the marchers started
from local Nimmawala Gurdwara chowk and passed through various
markets before returning to the same place.
A prayer at the gurdwara for the well-being of Rajoana
preceded the march.
Meanwhile, a report from Sangrur in Punjab said a march
was taken out by a group of people on motorcycles who were
against the hanging of Rajoana.
Protestors also submitted a memorandum to Additional
Deputy Commissioner Pritam Singh Johal in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town