Protesters burn effigies of Haryana CM, MP, MLAs
Kurukshetra: Effigies of Haryana Chief
Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, a local MP and MLAs belonging
to scheduled castes were burnt by protesters today demanding
police action in a rape and murder case of a 16-year-old Dalit
Braving the scorching sun, the activists, mostly women,
belonging to the Indian Bahujan Sandesh Party staged the
protest in front of the Deputy Commissioner`s office here.
Led by the Party`s president, Kanta Alhadiya, the
protesters also undertook a march and raised anti-police and
There was a large contingent of police to meet any
eventuality particularly in view of the alert after
yesterday`s low intensity bomb blast in Delhi High Court
complex, said officials.
The protesters carried effigies of Haryana Chief Minister
Bhupinder Singh Hooda, an MP and MLAs belonging to the Dalit
communities and set them afire.
Alhadiya alleged that despite a minor Dalit girl being
abducted, gangraped and brutally murdered here on May 4 only a
handful of scheduled caste MLAs visited the victim`s family.
She said that the Haryana government`s decision to ask
the Centre to order a CBI probe into the case was an "eyewash"
and it would prove to be "a total flop" as "in the Aarushi
murder case of Noida."
"By now most of the evidence must have been destroyed and
it seems to be a conspiracy of those high-ups whose sons were
probably involved in this crime and the whole case has been
diluted now," she alleged.
The protesters also staged a `Shyapa` (mourning process
after death of a relative by way of beating breast while
weeping and wailing).
Police, in the meanwhile, have constituted 10 teams which
were sent to various places, including Uttar Pradesh and
Himachal Pradesh, to search for the culprits.
Police have also raised the reward money from Rs 1 lakh
to Rs 5 lakh for anyone giving information about them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested