`Provide LPG cylinders to religious places at subsidised rate`
Ambala: SGPC on Thursday demanded the Centre to provide cooking gas cylinders to all religious places across the country at subsidised rate.
Talking to reporters here this evening SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar said he had written a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in this regard.
Around one lakh devotees take langer (meal) in Harmandir Sahib at Amritsar everyday and the gurudwara management would now have to spend around Rs one crore per annum more as a result of the cap on subsidised LPG cylinders.
He also asked Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda to grant a no objection certificate for the proposed Meeri Perri Medical College at Shahabad where a hospital was already running.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog