`Provide LPG cylinders to religious places at subsidised rate`
Ambala: SGPC on Thursday demanded the Centre to provide cooking gas cylinders to all religious places across the country at subsidised rate.
Talking to reporters here this evening SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar said he had written a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in this regard.
Around one lakh devotees take langer (meal) in Harmandir Sahib at Amritsar everyday and the gurudwara management would now have to spend around Rs one crore per annum more as a result of the cap on subsidised LPG cylinders.
He also asked Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda to grant a no objection certificate for the proposed Meeri Perri Medical College at Shahabad where a hospital was already running.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel