`Provide LPG cylinders to religious places at subsidised rate`
Ambala: SGPC on Thursday demanded the Centre to provide cooking gas cylinders to all religious places across the country at subsidised rate.
Talking to reporters here this evening SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar said he had written a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in this regard.
Around one lakh devotees take langer (meal) in Harmandir Sahib at Amritsar everyday and the gurudwara management would now have to spend around Rs one crore per annum more as a result of the cap on subsidised LPG cylinders.
He also asked Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda to grant a no objection certificate for the proposed Meeri Perri Medical College at Shahabad where a hospital was already running.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune