`Provide LPG cylinders to religious places at subsidised rate`
Ambala: SGPC on Thursday demanded the Centre to provide cooking gas cylinders to all religious places across the country at subsidised rate.
Talking to reporters here this evening SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar said he had written a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in this regard.
Around one lakh devotees take langer (meal) in Harmandir Sahib at Amritsar everyday and the gurudwara management would now have to spend around Rs one crore per annum more as a result of the cap on subsidised LPG cylinders.
He also asked Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda to grant a no objection certificate for the proposed Meeri Perri Medical College at Shahabad where a hospital was already running.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit: Here are answers to 5 key questions on what will happen next in Britain's relations with European Union
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating