Provide quick justice to `84 riot victims: Punjab to Centre
Chandigarh: The Punjab Cabinet on Wednesday asked
the Union government to take immediate and effective steps to
provide justice to affected families of 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
A resolution to this effect, moved by Deputy Chief
Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, was adopted at the Cabinet
meeting, an official release said.
"26 years after the most heinous crime against
humanity mass killers, their instigators and accomplices
continued to roam freely and even enjoy privileged places in
corridors of power," the resolution said.
The Cabinet expressed solidarity with members of the
bereaved families, the release said.
The Cabinet meeting was presided over by Chief Minister
Parkash Singh Badal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!