Provide quick justice to `84 riot victims: Punjab to Centre
Chandigarh: The Punjab Cabinet on Wednesday asked
the Union government to take immediate and effective steps to
provide justice to affected families of 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
A resolution to this effect, moved by Deputy Chief
Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, was adopted at the Cabinet
meeting, an official release said.
"26 years after the most heinous crime against
humanity mass killers, their instigators and accomplices
continued to roam freely and even enjoy privileged places in
corridors of power," the resolution said.
The Cabinet expressed solidarity with members of the
bereaved families, the release said.
The Cabinet meeting was presided over by Chief Minister
Parkash Singh Badal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?