Punjab: 3 killed, 4 injured in explosion in scrap
Ludhiana: Three persons were killed and four others injured in an explosion at a shop dealing in ordinance scrap here Saturday afternoon.
The explosion took place at the scrap shop located at the GT By-Pass road near Samrala Chowk, Commissioner of Police (CP) Ishwar Singh said.
One person died on the spot while two succumbed to injuries on their way to hospital.
Three of the injured were admitted to Apollo Hospital, while one in local Civil Hospital, he said.
Ruling out any terrorist link in the explosion, he said investigations were on.
The Forensic Experts have been summoned from Chandigarh, the CP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?