Punjab: 3 killed, 4 injured in explosion in scrap
Ludhiana: Three persons were killed and four others injured in an explosion at a shop dealing in ordinance scrap here Saturday afternoon.
The explosion took place at the scrap shop located at the GT By-Pass road near Samrala Chowk, Commissioner of Police (CP) Ishwar Singh said.
One person died on the spot while two succumbed to injuries on their way to hospital.
Three of the injured were admitted to Apollo Hospital, while one in local Civil Hospital, he said.
Ruling out any terrorist link in the explosion, he said investigations were on.
The Forensic Experts have been summoned from Chandigarh, the CP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details