Punjab allocates Rs 2,113 cr for weaker sections` welfare
Chandigarh: The Punjab government has allocated Rs 2,113.09 crore for welfare of scheduled castes, backward classes and economically weaker sections of the society.
This was informed by Animal Husbandry and Welfare of SC/BC Minister Gulzar Singh Ranike.
Ranike said the state government has decided to include backward classes and economically weaker sections of the society in the `Shagun Scheme` under which Rs 15,000 is provided to girls belonging to SC/BC and economically-weaker communities for their marriage.
He said the state government has made the process of getting `shagun` more practical by disbursing the amount directly in the bank account of the beneficiary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal