Punjab allocates Rs 2,113 cr for weaker sections` welfare
Chandigarh: The Punjab government has allocated Rs 2,113.09 crore for welfare of scheduled castes, backward classes and economically weaker sections of the society.
This was informed by Animal Husbandry and Welfare of SC/BC Minister Gulzar Singh Ranike.
Ranike said the state government has decided to include backward classes and economically weaker sections of the society in the `Shagun Scheme` under which Rs 15,000 is provided to girls belonging to SC/BC and economically-weaker communities for their marriage.
He said the state government has made the process of getting `shagun` more practical by disbursing the amount directly in the bank account of the beneficiary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister