Punjab allocates Rs 2,113 cr for weaker sections` welfare
Chandigarh: The Punjab government has allocated Rs 2,113.09 crore for welfare of scheduled castes, backward classes and economically weaker sections of the society.
This was informed by Animal Husbandry and Welfare of SC/BC Minister Gulzar Singh Ranike.
Ranike said the state government has decided to include backward classes and economically weaker sections of the society in the `Shagun Scheme` under which Rs 15,000 is provided to girls belonging to SC/BC and economically-weaker communities for their marriage.
He said the state government has made the process of getting `shagun` more practical by disbursing the amount directly in the bank account of the beneficiary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday