Punjab allocates Rs 2,113 cr for weaker sections` welfare
Chandigarh: The Punjab government has allocated Rs 2,113.09 crore for welfare of scheduled castes, backward classes and economically weaker sections of the society.
This was informed by Animal Husbandry and Welfare of SC/BC Minister Gulzar Singh Ranike.
Ranike said the state government has decided to include backward classes and economically weaker sections of the society in the `Shagun Scheme` under which Rs 15,000 is provided to girls belonging to SC/BC and economically-weaker communities for their marriage.
He said the state government has made the process of getting `shagun` more practical by disbursing the amount directly in the bank account of the beneficiary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?