Punjab allocates Rs 2,113 cr for weaker sections` welfare
Chandigarh: The Punjab government has allocated Rs 2,113.09 crore for welfare of scheduled castes, backward classes and economically weaker sections of the society.
This was informed by Animal Husbandry and Welfare of SC/BC Minister Gulzar Singh Ranike.
Ranike said the state government has decided to include backward classes and economically weaker sections of the society in the `Shagun Scheme` under which Rs 15,000 is provided to girls belonging to SC/BC and economically-weaker communities for their marriage.
He said the state government has made the process of getting `shagun` more practical by disbursing the amount directly in the bank account of the beneficiary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...