Punjab announces 2 per cent quota for sportsperson
Chandigarh: Punjab government has announced a new reservation policy of keeping aside two per cent quota in allotment of residential plots for sportspersons of the state.
The quota would be given to sportspersons on the basis of their achievements in the sports arena at different levels, an official release said here on Thursday.
In the first preference, sports persons who have won medals in Olympics Games, World Cup, Asian Games and mountaineers who have scaled Mount Everest will be included, whereas in the second preference, medal winners in Commonwealth Games, Afro Asian Games and Asian Championship find a place, teh release said.
Third preference and last preference would be for those sportspersons who have participated various international meets and cricket matches, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America