Punjab announces 2 per cent quota for sportsperson
Chandigarh: Punjab government has announced a new reservation policy of keeping aside two per cent quota in allotment of residential plots for sportspersons of the state.
The quota would be given to sportspersons on the basis of their achievements in the sports arena at different levels, an official release said here on Thursday.
In the first preference, sports persons who have won medals in Olympics Games, World Cup, Asian Games and mountaineers who have scaled Mount Everest will be included, whereas in the second preference, medal winners in Commonwealth Games, Afro Asian Games and Asian Championship find a place, teh release said.
Third preference and last preference would be for those sportspersons who have participated various international meets and cricket matches, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together
- Ukraine at UN says Putin's Crimea decree 'null and void'
- Evening showers bring Gurugram to a grinding halt
- J&K govt to provide support for smooth functioning of schools